We knew that we would prepare a buffet for 70 participants of the Performance Marathon, so we bought some ingredients (lentils and spelt) in advance to complement the vegetables and fruit we would get from the markets. After we received endives, aubergines and carrots, we decided to make use of the weck jars lent to us by the Institut f. Raumexperimente and prepared these colourful pots full of goodness.
Lentil-spelt-salad with roasted vegetables, fresh endives and feta in weck jars
weck jars to serve the salad in
(quantity depends on the amount of people)
lentils, spelt, carrots, aubergines, endives, feta, fresh herbs (radicchio, chives, parsley)
dressing: oil, balsamic, mustard, honey, salt & pepper
1. cook lentils and spelt separately until firm to the bite. drain the water and let cool down.
2. mix lentils & spelt together and cover with dressing and let it sit.
3. cut the vegetables (carrots and aubergines) in bite-sized pieces and place on baking sheet.
4. sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil.
5. roast in oven until slightly brown. let cool down.
6. cut the endives, herbs and feta (into cubes) and organize the layering of the salad as you wish.