“The Future of the World” – a dinner discussion organized on Sunday, June 17th, 7pm, by pisteras3000 (Ana Vogelfang & Rosario Talevi), Valentina Karga (Berlin Urban Farm), and the Dinner Exchange Berlin within the framework of the Große Weltausstellung 2012, a collaboration between the HAU and raumlabor berlin.
As a result of a workshop held during the third week of May together with the “Mediations” seminar, we created an installation whose main element is a large table with the Mappa Mundi, a beautiful drawing done by Matthias Rick (+), on its surface.
The Mappa Mundi is an alternative representation of our planet today with regards to history and future, as well as to the matter of resources.
In this context we invited Dinner Exchange Berlin to organize a dinner with leftover food from markets. Our dinner guests will comprise a combination of people from different disciplines who will discuss the “Future of the World”. Curator and artist Lukas Feireiss will be moderating this event.
We hope to initiate an inspiring discussion evolving around manifold aspects with regards to the future of our world.
- Erik Göngrich (artist – documents Berlin’s history and development)
- Benjamin Foerster-Baldenius ( darstellender architect – raumlabor berlin)
- Stefan Schwarz (urbanist – independent structure for sustainable space research)
- Ayumi Matzusaka (artist – works with cyclical systems)
- Fotini Lazaridou-Hatzigoga (architect and researcher – co-founder of PROGRAM)
- Judith Seng (designer – contemporary culture)
- Pieterjan Grandry (blogger – ‘crap is good’)
- Ben Kaden (placeblogger & urban sociologist)
- Nikos Green (neuroscientist – PhD candidate Freie Universität Berlin)
- Tina Röthinger (economist – experimental & alternative society structures)
- Ute Meta Bauer (curator – Founding Director of the Program in Art, Culture, and Technology at MIT’s School of Architecture and Planning, Dean of the School of Fine Art, RCA London)
- Samara Grace Chadwick (documentary programmer, PhD candidate in Cultural Studies & Literary Interzones)
- Alice Planel (Dinner Exchange London, writer, researcher, PhD on contemporary art from the Algerian diaspora)
- Hector Huerga (15M activist & writer)
- Gregor Hutz (filmmaker – car & cities)
- Flaka Haliti (artist – video, sound, installation, photography and performance)
- Ludwig Engel (spatial tactician – raumtaktik: office from a better future)